- Police Department
Join our Team
Explore current career opportunities with the San Pablo Police Department, with outstanding benefits and compensation.
The City of San Pablo Police Department is continuously testing for exceptional men and women interested in becoming part of a challenging, fast paced, rapidly changing work environment.
Current employment opportunities with the City of San Pablo Police Department are listed below.
General Police Department employment questions can be referred to (510) 215-3107.
Apply for any City Job and JOIN OUR TEAM
Explore current career opportunities with the San Pablo Police Department, with outstanding benefits and compensation
Apply today for a Ride Along! Application can be found here: Ride Along Application
Return completed applications to:
San Pablo Police Department
13880 San Pablo Avenue
San Pablo, CA 94806
Position(s) Currently Available
Police Officer (Lateral) - Apply Immediately
Police Cadet - Click HERE to apply.
Police Explorer - Apply today!
To apply for any of our positions, click HERE.
Should you be chosen, you can expect a competitive salary and very attractive benefits, including:
- As much as $121,548 in annual salary for police officers and up to an additional 25% of salary with incentive and shift differential pay
- Fourteen (14) paid holidays
- Shift differential: 4%-6%
- Modified 4-10 shifts
- Public Employee's Retirement System (PERS) 3% @ 50 for "classic" PERS members; 2.7% @ 57 for new calPERS members
- Longevity pay bonus of 3% - 7%
- POST Certificate incentives 1% - 4%
- Master Officer and Master Sergeant program with 5% pay increase
- Specialty pay for FTO, K9, Investigations, Services, Traffic Enforcement, Defensive Tactics Instructors, Range masters, and second language capability
- Educational incentives: 5% AA/AS; 7% for BA/BS, 9% for MA/MS; up to $5,250 per year in degree reimbursements
- All safety and uniform equipment provided; including contract dry cleaning for uniforms and $175 per year for footwear
- Outstanding police facility and in-house gym
- Cutting edge firearms, less-lethal, and weaponless defense instruction, including Simunitions and live-fire first response and tactical deployment training
Patrol thrives on self-initiated activity and serving search and Ramey warrants which are frequently generated at the patrol level. We also provide excellent opportunities for officers to develop expertise in narcotics, gangs, investigations, and firearms. Our department excels because of mutual respect and cooperation from all employees at all times.
TO APPLY FOR A POLICE DEPARTMENT POSITION: Email your resume along with any applicable certificates to Recruiting Lt. Benone at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in employment with SPPD.
If you've received a notification to begin your background process, please: