San Pablo Youth Commission (SPYC)
Do you want to make a difference in your community? Now is the time to take charge! The San Pablo Youth Commission is recruiting new members! Join SPYC and become part of a group that will work on making things better for the youth in San Pablo.
SPYC Student-Led Unity Grant (S.L.U.G.) Mini-Grant Pilot Program
**CALLING ALL SAN PABLO YOUTH!**
- WHO: Middle school and high school student groups with at least one adult ally. The adult ally needs to be 18 years old or older and should not take lead of the project, but provide general guidance and support.
- THE OPPORTUNITY: Apply for up to $1,000 to fund your project idea to create opportunities for San Pablo middle school or high school youth to engage in activities designed to increase their access to college readiness education and activities.
- FIND A SUPPORTING NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION: This organization will financially sponsor your project and is often referred to as a fiscal agent. This organization will receive the grant awarded for your project and help you pay for expenses related to the project using the grant funds. The City will reimburse the supporting organization for qualifying expenses up to the amount of the grant awarded. Examples of supporting nonprofit organizations can include school parent groups, after school programs, and community-based organizations.
- TIMELINE: Applications are due by 5pm on Friday, January 31, 2023. Grants will be issued in the month of March. Project planning, implementation, and completion must take place March through June 2023, with all activities completed by June 15, 2023.
- HOW: To get started, download the application form by clicking here
- For questions or support accessing the forms, contact email@example.com .
Check out our current Youth Commission Recruitment Flyer!
Youth Commission Application
This program is open to youth ages 13-19 years of age.
We are currently accepting online applications. Please contact us if you have any questions.
On October 7, 2019, the City Council approved a resolution to adopt an amendment to the San Pablo Youth Commission Bylaws.
Meetings are held every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month from 5:00 to 6:00 pm via Zoom.
*As of June 18th, 2020, Commission Meetings will be held virtually until further notice. Please see Youth Commission Meeting Agendas for more information.