Planning & Zoning
The Planning and Zoning Division is committed to helping business owners, developers, real estate professionals, property owners and residents understand the process and requirements for planning and zoning, which precede the building permit process. Staff provide excellent customer service and are available to discuss review and approval processes, and planning application requirements.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Phone: 510-215-3030 Email: email@example.com
CHECK LINKS BELOW FOR INFORMATION
- Building permit information
- Master fee schedule (Planning, Building, Public Works fees increase effective July 1, 2023)
- Transparency in Development Regulations
Applications For Planning
construction or construction to modify an existing building requires a Building Permit. To obtain a Building Permit, the project must first be reviewed through the City’s Plan Check process. Find out and learn more about Plan Check.
- Planning Application (Plans must include property address, landlords first and last name, contact information and type of project)
- Planning Pre-Application Planning Pre-Application Planning Pre-Application Planning Pre-Application
Housing Crisis Act of 2019 - SB330
- Under the Housing Crisis Act of 2019, applicants may opt to complete the following preliminary application form for those housing development projects seeking vesting rights, Check out and obtain Application.
Notice: Pursuant to the Housing Crisis Act of 2019, applicants shall provide the following additional information as part of their planning application:
Any information necessary to determine compliance with Government Code § 66300(d), including, but not limited to, information on the number of dwelling units being removed if any, whether any dwelling units meet the definition of a “protected unit” (Gov. Code, § 66300(d)(2)(E)(ii)), whether any dwelling units were subject to rent or price control, and whether any dwelling units are for rent.SUBMISSION OPTIONS
Master Fee Schedule
Senate Bill 9: The California Home Act (Atkins)
Effective on January 1, 2022, Senate Bill 9 (SB 9) amended the Government Code to allow for ministerial approval of two-unit (duplex) housing development on single family residential (R-1) parcels and one-time subdivision of existing single-family residential parcels into two parcels. Please contact the Planning Division for additional information or inquiries regarding SB 9 approvals.
- View ABAG's Senate Bill 9 Summary
- Graphic Overview of Senate Bill 9 (ABAG)
- Frequently Asked Questions (from ABAG)
Notice of New Stormwater Regulations as of July 1, 2023**
The City of San Pablo's National Pollution discharge Elimination System Permit (NPDES Permit No.CAS612008) requires the City to implement significant changes to portions of Section C.3 (New Development and Redevelopment) as of July 1, 2023. Some of these changes include:
- Impervious surface threshold for most projects will drop from 10,000 to 5, 00 sq.ft (all new and replaced impervious surface as part of the project will count including sidewalks and roads in both private and public right-of-way)
- New categories of regulated projects include:
- Road and sidewalk repair projects ≥ contiguous sq. ft.
- Road reconstruction and pavement widening ≥ 1 contiguous acre
- Detached single family home that creates or replaces ≥ 10,000 sq.ft.
- Special Projects Category C definition changes.
This notice is to inform interested parties that their project may be affected by these changes. Projects that do not have building permits issued prior to July 1, 2023, will likely be subject to these new requirements. The Contra Costa Clean Water Program has updated its Stormwater C.3 Guidebook (8th Edition) to include these changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Construction/ Adding To Existing Residences
- Density and Floor Area Ratio (FAR) Calculations R-1 Development Standards (2018) R-1 Development Standards (2018)
- R-1 Development Standards
- R-2 Development Standards
- R-3 Development Standards
- R-4 Development Standards