ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL APPLICANTS: MTC Summer High School Internships throughout the nine Bay Area counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Sonoma) are accepting student applications by the (extended) deadline of Sunday, April 10, 2016.
STUDENT QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• live and go to school in the county the student is applying for;
• have completed the 10th grade; and
• be at least 16 years of age by date of hire (Thursday, June 16, 2016).
NOTE: If you are offered an internship, are under 18 years of age, and will not be graduating prior to the start of the program, you will be required to obtain a work permit.
Graduating seniors are eligible to apply.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Application deadline is Sunday, April 10, 2016
Go online to http://jobs.mtc.ca.gov/InternshipOpportunities/jobinternship.html
1. Complete the online application to the internship(s) available in your county.
2. Attach a one page letter (.doc or .pdf) that describes, in the student’s own words, a transportation problem in his or her community and explains what he or she think could be done to resolve the problem. (for example, access to public transportation, safe biking, traffic congestion, road conditions, pollution from transportation, etc.)
3. Attach one letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal, counselor, religious leader, or employer (two letters are required if GPA is below 2.8). If your school would like to send the letter of recommendation to MTC directly, please send it to InternCoordinator@mtc.ca.gov by the application deadline of Sunday, April 10th.
Application deadline is Sunday, April 10th. If you need assistance with the application process or have questions about the program, please do not hesitate to contact MTC at (510) 817-5807 or InternCoordinator@mtc.ca.gov.